Effectively immediately, the GRE-Subject test is no longer a required component for application to the Human Services Psychology (HSP) Program (all tracks).
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
If you have already applied to the HSP Program and wish for us to ~not consider~ your GRE Subject test scores, please email email@example.com to notify us of this decision. Otherwise, we will consider all of the materials you submitted.
▪ The application deadline is December 1st for all materials – see the GRE section for one exception.
▪ We do not offer online courses.
▪ Applicants cannot take graduate courses prior to admission to the program.
▪ Admissions are for Fall only. We do not enroll new students in spring semesters.
▪ We do not accept Non-Degree Seeking Students.
▪ The GPA requirement is 3.0 or higher.
▪ The HSP Ph.D. program requires the GRE general test for all applicants.
▪ We look for scores in the 50th percentile and higher for both exams.
▪ October is the last available date to take the GRE Subject Test prior to our application deadline of December 1st.
▪ We will accept scores from the November General GRE test because they arrive roughly one week after the close of our deadline.
▪ Invitations to interview with the program will be sent out mid-January. Our interview date is Friday, February 8, 2019. A reception for applicants will take place on Thursday, February 7, 2019, at 5 pm.
▪ The matriculation rate is 8.5%.
Program Completion Rates
▪ If admitted with a BA, students average six years from admission to program completion.
▪ If admitted with an MA, students average four years from admission to program completion.