The preferred method of application is through the online application forms available at the UMBC Graduate School website: http://www.umbc.edu/gradschool/. The online application includes both the UMBC Application for Graduate Admission and the Supplemental Application for the Human Services Psychology program. The UMBC Graduate School website also includes a checklist of application materials. The deadline for application is December 1. Hard copies of all application materials can be obtained by contacting the Psychology Department at (410) 455-2567.
Complete applications require the following:
- Application for Graduate Admission
- Supplemental Application for the Human Services Psychology Program
- Application Fee ($50 for online application; $70 for paper application)
- Letters of Recommendation (3)
- GRE Scores (Both the General Test and Psychology Subject Test)
- Official Transcripts
- When selecting potential faculty mentors, please select only faculty who are accepting new students. Click here to see a list of these faculty members.