HSP Supplemental Application
All applicants to the HSP Program in Psychology must complete and upload the HSP Supplemental Application file as part of their application. Applicants will be able to upload the file at the last step of the Graduate School Application process.
The HSP Supplemental Application will ask applicants to:
1) specify the track(s) within HSP they are applying;
2) indicate the faculty mentor(s) with whom they want to conduct research and how your interests align with theirs;
3) list any coursework you feel highlights your preparation for graduate education in HSP;
4) briefly describe your current career goals; and
5) provide any additional information that may assist the Admissions Committee.
Important: for applicants who do not have a degree in Psychology (Bachelor’s or Master’s), the Supplemental Application is important as it allows you to demonstrate your preparation for graduate study ways such as: courses taken in Psychology, courses taken in Social Sciences, courses in Research Methods, research experience, practical experience, etc.
The preferred method of application is through the online application forms available at the UMBC Graduate School website: http://www.umbc.edu/gradschool/. The online application includes both the UMBC Application for Graduate Admission and the Supplemental Application for the Human Services Psychology program. The UMBC Graduate School website also includes a checklist of application materials. The deadline for application is December 1. Hard copies of all application materials can be obtained by contacting the Psychology Department at (410) 455-2567